We offer spay and neuter procedures for dogs and cats. This procedure includes general anesthesia, day of surgery pain medication and antibiotics. Typical recovery is 7 to 14 days.
Spay and Neuter are very important procedures in your pet’s life. Luckily they only have to do it once. And we offer this service with high standards of care and dedicated monitoring of your pet, before, during and after their procedure.
Here are some additional details about the big day:
This procedure is :
- Performed by appointment only
- Depending on the age and health of your pet, bloodwork may be required and is always recommended
- Requires morning drop-off and after 4 pm pick up [typically]
- A team member will phone you to update you of your pet’s progress and finalize discharge times
Please note: all surgical procedures require anesthesia therefore fasting will be necessary.
- The night before your appointment [no food after 9pm]
- The morning of your appointment [no water after 6am]
Anesthesia costs are variable depending on patient size and response to medications administered. Best efforts are made to get these estimated closely for you.
Pending surgical exam findings your pet may need additional medications/treatments. Your veterinarian will review findings with you on procedure day.
FEMALE PETS: Spay of pets in heat /pregnant is an additional fee. Please discuss any potential heat status of your pet with your doctor prior to your procedure.
*A separate Health Exam appointment is required prior to scheduling spay/neuter procedures. This will allow us to best prepare to meet your needs.